Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Danaram

Day 6......still 156.2.

I believe at this point that I've gotten my cultural holidays mixed up. A Half Hannukah lasts 4 days and this situation has lasted decidedly longer than that.  This is not a Half Hannukah.

This......is Danaram.



"Dana-what?" you ask? 

Well, Danaram is the opposite of the Islamic month of Ramadan.  You see, during Ramadan, you're supposed to fast for a whole bunch of spiritual reasons.  The result is that, in theory, you probably actually lose weight.*  

Fasting......definitely not something this blogger will ever try.


During Danaram, however, you live a hedonistic lifestyle and as a result you see absolutely no weight loss whatsoever. You might even gain some!


Yup, Danaram is what this is, and Danaram officially is "the suck." (Except as much as it sucks, it's a really fun word to say....like as in, "Danaram, girl! Put down the pork chops already!!!")

The absolute worst part of Danaram is that I haven't even been that bad! I've stuck to my 1300 calories a day plan with the exception of the stupid wine-trickery on Saturday, and even I know that there's no way that 450 extra calories once is going to completely derail the plan. 



For now, I will continue to be steadfast in my ways and hopefully I will someday meet my reward. 



* Now that I've blasphemed at least two major world religions on this blog, I should probably take a moment to say that I mean no disrespect to anyone or to any belief systems.  I love all religions equally...unless of course someone starts a new religion called "The Church of the Holy 156.2".....I'm pretty sure I'd hate those assholes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment