Thursday, August 1, 2013

Week 1 Progress Report


 I've decided that one way to stop obsessing over tiny fluctuations from day to day would be to track my weight on a weekly basis.   Thursdays will be the day that I do these weekly progress reports.   Every week I will track my weekly net weight loss (or, God forbid, gains) and BMI.

I mean, I am still going to jump on the scale every day because it's fun, but as long as each week results in some weight loss, I won't beat myself up over upward fluctuations following days of indulgence.

This newfound laissez faire attitude I've adopted is the result of the moment of clarity I had with The H while we were Schwalking.

Anyway, without any further ado:  THE WEEK 1 PROGRESS REPORT

WEIGHT:  156.2
WEEKLY NET CHANGE:  4.4 lbs lost (holy shit!) 
Whoa. Not even I saw this one coming.

I probably shouldn't get used to this sort of weekly net loss....and even I am a little stunned by this, but dang it feels good.

BMI: 28.6
WTF THAT MEANS:  Overweight. 


Ehhh.....still not looking so hot.  


This was the biggest bummer of the day.   Not only am I overweight, I'm, like, pretty freakin' solidly overweight.  I did a little playing around and as of right this second, I still have to lose 20 pounds to be considered "normal" (whatever the heck that means). 

I figure that's as good a goal to have as any, though.  So if I lose 1.5 pounds a week I should be "normal" in about 13-14 weeks.   Hopefully, I will stick with the blog this time and 13 Thursdays from now I'll be braggin' to be "normal."   (I always promised myself that "normal" was something I would not aspire to be, but I think I can make an exception for this). 

IN SUMMARY:

Weeeeeee!  Best slide ever. 

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, my BMI also says I'm overweight. You can stalk my fb pictures and be the judge yourself, but I'm pretty sure I'm solidly normal. As it turns out, BMI is a terrible indicator. NPR even says so! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439

    Some people that are very wise/have degrees in these things have recommended using items like FitBit which tracks steps, elevation, etc. These indicators are a lot easier (and more accurate!) than calorie counting. Rather than being worried over gaining a few pounds (which could be in muscle) you can say "I took 15,000 steps today, which puts me in a healthy range!"

    That being said, I love your blog. I hope you succeed in feeling happy and healthy and continue to write your hilarious posts.

    ReplyDelete