Friday, January 24, 2014

Lagniappe!

Guys! Guys! I got a pedicure!  And, also, apparently a halo.



Hello again, everyone!



I just couldn't stay away. 

Even though I've reached the original goal of this blog, I've decided to keep updating until I reach 126/The Big Carrot because it played such a prominent role in this journey that it almost feels like it should have been the original goal all along. 

....Of course, when I decided to keep blogging until reaching the Big Carrot, I kinda figured it would only be one, two posts tops.  But I am afraid I might be sorely mistaken: this morning's weigh in--128.4.   Gah!! Still 2.4 pounds away from my Big Carrot.. I was hoping to be there by now.  The suspense! It's killing me!



Patience.  Patience.

Even though there hasn't been a lot of movement on the scale these last two weeks, I reached another pretty stellar milestone: size 6 jeans (down from a size 14).  I also think my legs might be in the absolute best shape of my life.  I attribute it to my workout of choice which is a brisk walk on the treadmill at a very, very steep incline.  

My abs and arms....well, that's another story.  I think it's time to start working my upper body just as much as I've been working the lower half.


You know....I should start weight lifting.



I should try Jillian's Shred again now that I'm in good cardiac shape.





I should train for a half marathon.



Hell, a WHOLE marathon!!



Okay now I am just getting carried away. Is this how body builders get started?  At first it's just a simple, "Hey my shit doesn't fit! Let's lose some poundage, bro!"  And then before you know it you're slurping down raw egg whites by the dozen and mixing protein powders out of insanely large jars with all of your beverages?!

Is this what happens before you become "that guy" that posts gym selfies on Facebook!?!!?

(You know who you are).
Sigh.

Maybe I'll just focus on the last 2.4 pounds for now. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment